Wednesday, September 3, 2008

B+



Ok I know its been ages since I wrote my last post........have been kinda busy with college n all!
It takes me around an hour to reach college from my place. .the cab comes at around 8 in the morning and we reach the university at around 9:00. .A silver Qualis comes to pick us up.....which, on most of the days is stuffed with people.....yea the word is 'STUFFED'.......there are like 11 people who are asked to 'adjust' in the cab....even if that requires you to let your blood circulation stop!! Pathetic! Anyways . .it was a friday.....end of the week.......everyone in a frustrated mood. . as usual we got stuck at the Kalindi Kunj area in a huge traffic jam. Cars n trucks honking loudly n people screaming everywhere. . total chaos! I myself was using abusive words for the people on the pavement who were staring at us without any reason!. .and on top of that we were dying of thirst!!! It was so damn humid!!! In the midst of all this confusion, a cycle-wala, who looked quite harmless to me, got stuck in the middle of two cars. Obviously, it added to the confusion! Our driver shouted at him at the top of his voice , in abusive language!! What I expected was that the cyclist would just give him a cold stare and move ahead. . .To my surprise, he just looked at the driver n passed him a smile!!! He apologized for blocking the way and moved ahead calmly. .!! Man!! I was totally stunned! . How could someone pass a smile at the time of such 'crisis'!! I learnt the lesson of life from this cyclist, something which our teachers and parents have been trying to make us understand. . .'Be Positive'. . . The incident influenced me so profoundly, that I bothered to call up dad n mom ( normally I don't!) to apologize for having argued with them in the morning. . just because I was feeling frustrated and irritated at that time.

Now I smile to myself whenever I think about the incident. . "Indeed. . God has amazing ways to make us learn" ;) :) ha ha

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice.

And it took me quite a while to understand why the post is called "B+". :-)

Arjun Dutt Sharma said...

Well now this post is so true
when u come across simple acts of kindness , you do feel a bit surprised , as such we are all used to rudeness primarily steming from our daily hectic life .
Then when something nice happens ( like the person sitting next to you in a bus leaves his seat and asks u to sit cuz like u have been standin for abt 3 hrs straight ), it feels a bit odd and out of place & solidifies your belief in the essential goodness of people .

Surabhi said...

@ Prateek: Ha! Titles are often deceptive...ain't it? ;)

Surabhi said...

@ Arjun: Exactly! Life is full of sweet surprises :)

Meticulous said...

eh?!?! were u high when u wrote this??! i mean, i could actually picture a sermon standing at the pinnacle and trying to lift the mountain with his words!!

ps. was i in the cab that day...and really, which driver drove the cab?!?! :S

Surabhi said...

@ meticulous : lolz! Nope wasn't high or anything! I have a philosophical side too ;)

N yeah. . u were there in the cab that day. .n the driver was our fav. . Jatin! lolz :P

~#shaurya#~ said...

weird!! how come i don't remember..that too an encounter with jatin.. :$

Surabhi said...

'coz u didn't have any argument wid him that day. . n moreover. . I was sitting at the back that day :)

Anonymous said...

Argument...now i know what was missing!!
Wait, was it in sheikh sarai?!?!

Surabhi said...

No! Kalindi Kunj!!!!!!!!! Have mentioned it na! :P

Anonymous said...

err, oops?!

Anonymous said...

yea..wel writn..a vry gud thing 2 b thot upon!!u surely hv got brainz..(beauty+brainz=a rare bt a deadly combo)..:P

gRaViTy said...

hey..dtz seriously a humble thing to b thot upon..an interesting thot i mst say..so u hv got it ol..nt jz beauty bt brainz too..(no offence meant)..beauty+brainz=a rare combo+piu!!!:)

Surabhi said...

@ Gravity: Thanks a ton :) Whoz this btw?